30 September 2013
10 September 2013
it turns out our sweet sparrow tricked us with her laid back infant demeanor! we called her sleepy sparrow for the first 4 months of her life, because she always seemed to be sleeping. & then we called her smiley sparrow for the next 8 months because she always seemed to be smiling wide. & now we've taken to calling her our spirited sparrow because she is a determined & defiant little lady.
some memories of our sparrow at the one year mark.
- gets around by bum-scooting, never crawling
- first word "jhat" from "chin-jhat" [khmer for "gecko"]
- most happy when being held by mama or yay-yay [ming kohm]
- sleeping through the night [...finally!]
- loves bananas, oatmeal & noodles
- makes the owl "whoo" face a lot
- only one tooth
- loves to grab mama's glasses whenever she has the chance
- we often wake up to find her standing up quietly looking out the window by our bed & she loves to look over our balcony onto the street below to watch cambodian life go by
- still known for her big, wide open smiles
Posted by amanda + daniel at 22:17