31 January 2013
20 January 2013
funny bedtime prayers:
cedar: thank you, jesus, for mama, papa, oma-dahhling, opa.
amanda: and what about our baby?
cedar: thank you jesus for breakfast.
- re-enacting every fall & bump for us. "cedar fall like that" & then staying in his landing position until we see it.
- loves holding baby ezra sparrow all by himself. "mama, let go, please!"
- loves coloring & wants everyone to draw airplanes for him
- learned how to jump & now does it all the time
- had an airplane cake for his birthday & got a mr. potato head from mama & papa
- refers to daniel's mom, always, as "oma-dahhhh-ling"
- says the word "please" for way longer than necessary, "cedar have ____ pleeeeeeeeease?"
- has memorized bob dylan's forever young & likes to sing it before bed [see video below!]
- still sweet, gentle & cute as can be, but now interspersed with toddler tantrums & stubbornness
18 January 2013
while we weren't looking someone sneakily replaced our sleepy newborn with a bright-eyed, chubby, crazy smiling four-month old.
ezra sparrow at four months is an absolute delight. she fills her time cooing for hours (quite loudly, actually!) every morning & has officially grown up & out of all her newborn clothes. she spends a lot time smiling (her baby-experienced oma says she may be the smiliest baby she's ever seen) & begins every crazy-eyed, happy smile with her mouth wide open, like she's trying to swallow the whole-wide beautiful world.
she adamantly refuses bottles & pacifiers, which means she can never be away from her mama too long, but she happily sucks on pinky fingers to help her fall asleep. she still loves to be swaddled at night & shrieks like a little girl at the slightest appearance of a wet diaper.
this month, we love her smiles, we love how content she is, & we love that she's ours for keeps.