its official, we couldn't be any more enamored with this guy than we are right now.
some memories of cedar james, just shy of two years old:
- learning more words every day. a snapshot of his brain learning two languages: "one more, tiet" (a combination of asking for more in english & khmer)
- calling the new baby "eh-ha spa-wow", & greeting her (even when she's sleeping) with an energetic "HELLO baby!"
- loves playing ball, watching seasame street videos online (especially featuring grover), putting tops on things & everything in their proper place
- on his own (& despite lots of correction!) has taken to calling us "amanda" & "daniel" (see video below)
- really enjoys drinking mama's coffee, especially if there is whipped cream on it
- most commonly heard phrases: "cedar do it!", "pick you [me] up, please", "what's baby do'in?", "whaa happened?, "cedar brush teeth, too"
- favorite foods: rice, noodles, goldfish crackers & anything fishy tasting or shrimp flavored (basically all khmer food)
- making us smile: "mama, cedar open mouth like turtle!" (while opening his mouth super wide after watching a friend's turtle swimming)
cedar is pretty stubborn about not talking for the camera, but we managed to get him answering a few questions here.