1) we've been frantically searching for jobs in these 4 locations.
we're having trouble making a final decision, so we're putting it to a vote. what do you think?
2) amanda had an interview for a very cool job in ottawa with mennonite central committee. we were having visions of ice skating on the rideau canal but in the end, it did not work out. c'est la vie?
3) we saw a HILARIUS movie, "death at a funeral". if you have not seen it & you feel like laughing continuously for an hour & a half, GO!
4) we visited amanda's grandpa in southern new york & have had lots of fun with amanda's parents these few weeks. its nice being able to visit with family on a regular basis....how much should that factor into where one travels & settles?
5) due to bureaucratic impediments with the ny state department of motor vehicles, we are the proud new owners of a 1993 volvo station wagon. it's white. we're thinking of calling it "the great white" or "casper" or "the ghostrider". any other ideas?
(here is a shot of a particularly close call while daniel was testing out our new car at the local speedway)
6) amanda has a job interview with world vision tomorrow outside of toronto. working for world vision would be wonderful, but we're finding ourselves hesitant about the idea of living in a suburb of toronto (which from google maps appears to be rivaling calgary with its urban sprawl). if you live near toronto, can you tell us good things about how great it is? is it better to have an interesting job or live in an inspiring place? THAT is the final question.
7) to leave you on a happy note, we celebrated with good family friends, adam & emily, at their wedding this weekend. it was a night of great fun courtesy of family, old familiar friends, a dance floor, & an open bar.