30 May 2007


i recently got derek webb's new album mockingbird from the library & have been listening to it while i work. its a biting & cynical-yet-hopeful venture from the voice that brings such quick reminiscence of my high school caedmon's call days.

here are some lyrics from the song "new law" track #2 off the album

don’t teach me about politics and government
just tell me who to vote for

don’t teach me about truth and beauty

just label my music


don’t teach me how to live like a free man

just give me a new law


i don’t wanna know if the answers aren’'t easy
so just bring it down from the mountain to me

don’t teach me about moderation and liberty
i prefer a shot of grape juice

don’t teach me about loving my enemies


don’t teach me how to listen to the Spirit

just give me a new law



4 comments:

jamie said...

did you guys make it to the page france concert? i don't remember hearing anything about it! (did we monopolize the conversation with mary poppins' chatter?:D)

Linda said...

Surprise! You've just been tagged. It's sort of like getting a chain letter, only slightly less annoying. Hopefully you will have some fun with it.
Visit my blog for details.
http://truffles-turtles-tunes.blogspot.com/

Casey and Julia said...

Hey guys, looks like you are living the high life with all your social engagements and fluted glasses :)Excellent.
We have been busy eating sea creatures and kelp!
Hope the day to day life that never finds its way to the blog is everfresh, and that you are awake enough in the midst of it to find it Him everywhere.

sister christina said...

what program do you use to make those lovely photo collages you do?